The Citadel of Namur: new visitors centre Terra Nova
Route Merveilleuse 64
- MAPS: Google Maps
Discover Terra Nova, the brand new visitors centre and an essential stop for your assault of Namur Citadel and discovery of the city of Namur.
The Citadel of Namur stands in a prestigious setting, stretching out over 80 acres of greenery and offers superb views across the Meuse valley
With 7 kilometres of underground passages, the citadel of Namur was one of the largest fortresses in Europe. Discover this unmissable Belgian historical site.
Terra Nova, the brand new visitors centre.
Located in the old Terra Nova barracks, the visitors centre retraces 2000 years of European urban and military history through the history of Namur and its citadel, providing you with a reflection on the societies of yesteryear, the present day and the future.
You can visit the site freely on your own or accompanied by a tour guide.
The Citadel Pass, 1 ticket = 3 visits
Profit fully from your visit to this Belgian heritage treasure with that Citadel Pass! The deal: 3 visits for €11pp (adult price).
The pass includes:
- A ride in a tourist train with commentary,
- A guided tour of the underground levels,
- Medieval walk (walk, exhibition "life at the castle", visit to the gardens),
- From July 2015, access to the Terra Nova Visitors' centre.
A complete tour offered every day from April to September.
Guided tours possible in French, Dutch and English.
Low season: train trip and visit of the underground levels.
Citadel Pass discount: €1 off entry to Parc Attractif Reine Fabiola.
Preparing your visit
Opening times of the Terra Nova Tourist visitor centre:
- In high season (April to end of September) open every day from 10am to 5pm,
- In low season: Wednesdays and school holidays from 10am to 5pm,
- From 31 October: open everyday except Mondays and the annual Christmas closing times (closed from 19 December to 3 January 2016),
- Group visits can be done every day, by reservation.
Persons with reduced mobility.
The Terra Nova site is accessible to persons with reduced mobility.
"La Citad'In" Shuttle
Make the most of the tourist shuttle which takes you to and from the Citadel and the centre of Namur.
Stops: Gare (Train station), Place de l'Ange and Grognon.
Return ticket costs €2 per person without commentary.
Find out more
Tourist information on the town NAMUR